- 1/2 cup young, bright green Eastern white pine needles
- 3 cups water
- Bring water to a boil in a stainless steel pan.
- Add pine needles to water and reduce heat.
- Simmer for 20 minutes and remove from heat. Cover and let sit overnight or continue to next step and serve.
- Strain out pine needles, sweeten to taste, and serve tea hot or cold.
Make sure not to boil the pine needles in order to preserve the vitamin C and prevent the release of bitter terpenes. Vitamin C doesn’t last long, so drink this tea as soon as possible.